Donations

**Your generous donations go towards travel and lodging in London as well as equipment and coaching.**

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Crow Lake Sprint Triathlon - 2nd overall

Sunday July 17th I competed in the Tri to Remember Crow Lake Sprint Triathlon in Jefferson, GA.    This was a short sprint:   400m swim, 15mile bike, 5k trail run.   This one was a lot of fun.  For the swim, we crossed a small lake to the transition area where I was 3rd out of the water.

Exiting the water. 

From there the bike course was a rolling hills out-and-back, where I clocked in my fastest bike split of the season.  Maybe I'm finally beginning to make some progress there!  I was able to catch the two women in front of me from the swim fairly easily but was passed by two women on the course and came into transition in third place, feeling good.


Hurt face on the bike, mile 14.

The trail run reminded me of running cross country in high school.  The trail was a mess with sections of tall grass, mud, wooden planks, and many dips and holes in the ground along the way.  I almost fell on my face a few times!  My run time wasn't anything special considering the terrain, but I turned in the fastest run time for all women competitors, something like 21 mins.  (Finally starting to feel better in the run after my calf injury in May).  My run was enough to catch one of the women who passed me on the bike and capture second overall, first place age group.

Running into the finish - the one part of the trail that was decently kept.

The woman who beat me is a seasoned triathlete who won her age group at Nationals last year, as well as First Place in her age group at the Kona Ironman World Championships - Laura Sophiea.  However, she is in the 55-59 age group, so I really need to close that gap!!!  

Awards:  with overall winner, Laura Sopheia (Ironman AG World Champion 55-59)


1 comment:

  1. How exactly is that woman over 55?!? She could pass for 20 years younger! I think I need to take up tris ASAP! :-)

    ReplyDelete